Printfriendly

Monday, January 18, 2016

Ensenada Chicken with Chipotle-Ranch Dressing

   So, you wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I am a guy who loves a good grilled chicken breast with a nice salad. And, as I found out while attempting my last foray into low-carb dieting, Red Robin has a nice Ensenada Chicken dish that is most tasty. Once I had it, I had to concoct it again, and through interweb searches and a bit of experimentation, I think I have a winner. You, of course, can watch me make it here!







Ensenada Chicken

Ingredients

For the chicken rub:

3 Tbsp. chili powder
2 Tbsp. cumin
2 Tbsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper

For the chipotle ranch dressing:

1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
salt, to taste
juice from 1 lime
cilantro, to taste (I used about 2 tsp. dried)


Directions

For the dressing, mix everything in a food processor or blender, then store in a refrigerator for at least one hour to get the flavors to mingle. 

For the chicken, combine all the spices together. This makes a good amount of spice, so don't hesitate to put into an airtight container and store in your spice cupboard for next time.  

Trim the chicken breasts, then rub in a liberal amount of the seasoning mix. 

Add your seasoned chicken to a pan over medium heat, coated with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Cook on both sides about 7 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. 

Slice, or serve whole with a side salad. Top with the dressing. 

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. The problem is is the one for Red Robin is a wet marinade not a dry marinade so if you add a little bit of water lime juice and a little bit of red wine vinegar to this to make it wet it works a lot better

    ReplyDelete