Printfriendly

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Italian Seasoning Blend

    Have you even gone down the grocery aisle and seen things that you were certain you could make yourself? I do this with the baking/seasoning aisle all the time. I see all these blends of spicy this and Italian that. But what else are you getting inside those expensive little bottles? Why fun things, of course, like MSG, preservatives, and a ton of salt that you don't need!!! So, I thought that I would share with you one of my favorites. 

   I have been baking for a long time now, and I love a good Italian herb loaf. I make my own garlic bread from it, my own cheesesteaks, and some sub sandwiches that put a certain subterranean sounding sandwich shop to shame. Now, I will post the loaf recipe at another time, but I wanted to go ahead and share the seasoning first. 


Ingredients



  • 3 Tbsp Basil, dried
  • 3 Tbsp Oregano, dried
  • 3 Tbsp Parsley, dried
  • 1 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1 tsp Onion powder
  • 1 tsp Rosemary, dried
  • 1 tsp Thyme, dried
    Add them all to a bowl, and whisk away. 
    Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. 

   You can use this in any recipe that calls for Italian seasoning, sprinkle over garlic bread, pasta, or anywhere you'd like a taste of Italy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment