Printfriendly

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Pioneer Woman's Potatoes au Graten

   One of my favorite past-times is scouring the food network for ideas on what to make for dinner, however, in an attempt to save money we ditched cable tv. Now we pay 1/4 of the bill for Hulu and Netflix, and that's all good and fine... but I no longer have my cooking shows to watch.

   This changed as Netflix began adding seasons of "Good Eats" (Alton Brown is my hetero-man crush) and "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives". Last week, I noticed a few episodes of "Pioneer Woman", and to be honest, I had never seen Ree Drummond's show before. This got me into doing some searching, and I found this side dish.

   These potatoes come out cheesy and creamy, with a decent garlic flavor that isn't too overwhelming. It takes almost no real effort to make, and cooks in about an hour. You can see me make it here!

Ingredients

  • 2 tbs butter, softened 
  • 6-7 small potatoes, scrubbed clean
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1+1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tbs flour 
  • 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp salt
  • pepper
  • 1+1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar (I used white cheddar)
  • fresh chives, thinly sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment